Sunday, May 22, 2011

1. I was walking around at work, just checking a few things out, [translation: looking important]. Some girl called me over and told me how much she liked my outfit, and was just the sweetest thing ever! It totally made my day. Who says custodians can't look good?

2. I am praying that my blinds are at that angle where you can look out and not in. Not to get into too much detail or anything, but sometimes when your roommates aren’t home and you’re getting ready and your music is up real loud and you’re brushing your teeth or whatever, you just need a dance/karaoke break in front of the mirror before you finish getting dressed. Don’t act like you don’t do that.

3. I brushed my hair! It took around 30 minutes. There were a few potential dreadlocks. I really wish I were black so that I could pull off braids or something cool like that.

4. I am kind of lazy with some things, but I'm also super curious. Like, hm. let's see how long I can go without brushing my hair, and then I'll see what it looks like, and if I'll get dreadlocks, and how much hair I will lose once I brush it. Or, let’s see how long I can go without doing laundry, and what outfits I can come up with toward the end. My curiosity is fixed, and I didn't have to brush my hair/do laundry in the process! Win-win.

5. Now that I have/clean my own bathroom, I took a bath. It really was magical. I forgot how wonderful shaving is sitting down.

6. I'm really trying hard to be a good runner, or at least not a totally pathetic one. The other day, I got this motivation wave of an Olympic champion and ran like a freaking gazelle. It was awesome. I hope every person that drove past me thought, 'Look at that girl! Dang, she's doing some serious work!'

7. I almost got hit by a car the other day when I was running, no lies. I had the little white walking man, so I start to cross the street, and this adorable old lady [bless her heart] forgot that means stop, and apparently thought I was invincible or something. She had just pulled out of the temple, so I'm sure she's a good person and everything! Apparently being able to drive well is not one of the blessings of doing temple work. Oh well. I'm alive, and it made me run a little faster! =]

8. I have an incredible cousin, Sara. For real, she is a superhero, and deserves a really awesome cape. Her son has been illegally detained in Turkey for a little over a year now, and this week, she will be testifying before the House Foreign Relations Committee during a hearing on international kidnapping! If you want to send some prayers, good vibes, whatever you do her way, I'm sure she would appreciate it! [Also, here's a link to the Facebook page, in case you are interested, or even if you aren't. You should be though. Click on it either way. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bringing-Eli-Home/107675875938913]

9. I finished reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I really liked it, but it seriously pissed me off. I can't put my finger on why, though. Weird.

10. I went on quite the adventure the other day! It went a little like this:

[friend from Ohio] HI IM IN UTAH FOR A TRACK MEET

[me] HI MATT! K COOL LETS GET DINNER.

[Matt] COOL

[me] KAITLIN!

[BYU friend] YES?

[me] WE’RE DOING THIS

[Kaitlin] K

-bus ride there? Success.

-dinner? Success.

-bus ride home…?

We had figured out when we needed to be at this one bus stop [which neither of us have been to before], but we didn't think it would be too difficult. We found [what we thought was] said bus stop, and then the bus came, hooray!

[me] THIS IS GOING TO PROVO, RIGHT?

[bus driver] NO MAN, YOU NEED THAT BUS OVER THERE, BUT IT’S COMING NOW SO HURRY

[thoughts] WHERE THE FREAK IS THAT BUS STOP WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

[actions] RUNNING AWKWARDLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET AND LOOKING CONFUSED

We got to the other side of the street and were desperately searching for anything that looked like a bus stop, when all of a sudden, a bus pulls over about two blocks behind us.

[my thought] STAY CALM, DON’T PANIC, IT’LL WORK OUT

[Kaitlin’s thought -> action] *RUN LIKE HELL

[me] OH HEAVENS

[Kaitlin] *screaming, flailing arms, screaming some more, running, running, running

[my thoughts] I have to stop laughing, I have to keep running, Kaitlin is the funniest thing in the world, I’m dying. I’m slow to begin with, I have a heavy backpack with my laptop, I can’t breathe, Kaitlin is going to leave me here by myself because I’m so slow!

The bus driver was a real saint for waiting for us.

[Kaitlin] WE DID IT

[me] WE ARE AWESOME

[both of us] *breathing super heavy, laughing, being obnoxious

[bus driver] …silence

[passengers] …silence

…Success? Yes. Adventure? Definitely.

11. I made bread! It was yummy, and oddly shaped, but still good. =]

12. I thought about going to work naked Saturday, since the world would end before my shift was over and all, but I chose not to. I'm glad I wore clothes, because I'm still here. That would have been embarrassing, and difficult to explain to the Honor Code Office.

13. I went to the wrong ward's sacrament meeting today, but it was awesome. One of the coolest mistakes I've made in a while.

14. The MTC people emailed me and put me on a shift! I have made a million phone calls, but have been too unsure of which shift to pick up, so I never left any voicemails. They made the decision for me! Cool, right? I’m so excited to get back into that.

15. I feel inspired after reading The Geography of Bliss. You should read it. You really, really should. It’s much better than my blog you’re reading right now, and if you say you don’t have time, then you’re lying because you’re reading my blog.

16. If I weren’t so terrified of being eaten by a bear, I would live in the mountains forever.

17. I want to see the Book of Mormon musical!

18. I love bonfires.

19. The Utah high school state track meet was this weekend at BYU. I could hear something going on from my apartment, so I figured I would check it out. I didn’t watch any events, but I got to hear everyone screaming and cheering, it was so cool! A few of the athletes and their families were parked near my apartment, so we walked together and they told me all about it. It was awesome! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment